Monday, February 6, 2012

Foothills - Take Two


Delayed enough this morning - napping, computer work, wash cycling kits. Had to get out to ride. The plan was to ride singletrack back up in the foothills. Last year I had a good ride from the High Desert/Bear Canyon trailhead.

Seems that my breathing at altitude seems to be better. Still, I had to stop several times climbing the trail from the parking lot to Trail 365. It doesn't help when what looking like a level (or even down slope) its really just a less steep climb!

Rode along the fence. Thought this was trail 365. Turned away from the fence trying to find the right trail. Eventually. I found trail markers. I was at the interesction of trail 365, trail 366, and trail 305a.

By this time, I was ready to head back. A little chilly up in the foothills. Clouds were "filtering" the sunshine. Rode Trail 365 for a while then found a trail I tool last year taking me back to the trailhead.

Was happy to get back down to the gate near the parking lot. Today's photo is of the trail bike at that gate. Sandia Mountains in the background.

Think tomorrow will be a pavement ride near the river.

1 comment:

ruzzel01 said...

I like that kind of challenge. I can test my stamina here.
2gig