Sunday, February 5, 2012

Ride at Volcanoes


This morning I met cousin Don for breakfast. Nice visit and meal at the Range Cafe. Rested and prepared for a bike ride. Did not realize I had not ridden since Wednesday!

Little cool today, so bundled up to ride the dirt trails at Volcanoes Day Use Area of Pertroglyph National Monument. The trail out from the trailhead splits right out of the gate. I took the left turn to slowly climb up to Vulcan Volcano.

Once i got to the saddle between Black and Vulcan Volcanoes, the trail gets very rocky heading up. Started riding the trail up to the East side of the cone. (I should say, ride with more "hike-a-bike")

Back in the saddle area, I headed South to Black Volcano. That trail was basically rocks - lots of loose, "baby-head" rocks. Until I got lower between Black and JA volcanoes, the trail was once again was packed dirt.

Enjoyed the ride back down to the trailhead.

Today's photo shows the Fuel EX7 on the side of Black Volcano, overlooking Albuquerque and the Rio Grande Valley.

No comments: