Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Foothills Trails


After lunch with Jack & Kay, I wanted to check out the foothills singletrack. I had never ridding from the Indian School Rd trailhead.

I thought I would be OK since I have been in town for a week. I tried to ride up Trail 193. Trail surface was a fine, loose gravel. After struggling and waking for 0.1 miles, I rode back to the trailhead.

Tried trail 365. Not so bad. There was some loose gravel, but mostly packed dirt. When you are up in the foothills, the trail slope is very deceiving. Spots where I thought I gonna climb, I was really still descending!

Hopefully, next week I will be able to ride more in the foothills. Only made 1 mile and 20 minutes. Maybe I should start at Bear Canyon, again. I also have the option to ride at Volcanoes (Petroglyph National Monument).

No comments: