Saturday, April 27, 2013

Awesome Riding Weather & a Camera Test

This is the first decent weekend we have had for bike riding.  The morning started with fog, but that burned off a little after noon.  Loaded the hybrid on the bike rack and headed to Wabash Trace Trailhead.

This time, I had all of the various pieces for the GoPro handlebar mount.  Attached the camera to the bike and headed out for Lake Manawa.  A couple times, I had to stop and tighten the various connections of the mount.

Temperature was in the mid 60s (I just wore my jersey & bibs - no long sleeve or jacket).  Just comfortable.  The winds was from the South at 5-10 mph.  A bit rough at times riding South on Mosquito Creek.  Stopped at Indian Creek Bridge.  Decided to head on around the Lake Manawa loop.  Before heading into the wind on Veteran's Memorial Trail, I stopped for a slug of my Gatorade and popped a shot blok in my mouth.  As expected, there were many folks out on the trail today.

Stopped at the bike shop (Xtreme Wheels).  Had not visited with Zach in some time.  Also, wanted to pick up a new membership application for Black Squirrel Cycling Club. 

Downloaded the video from the camera when I got back to the house.  Doing something wrong because I recorded 8 segments of under 2GB each.  Also there were regular "jumps" in the video. Oh, the photo here, shows the GoPro mounted on my hybrid, post ride.

No comments: