Thursday, April 25, 2013

Spring has Sprung - I Think...

Woke up this morning for near record cold over night.  Not surprised since it was Full Moon.  Frost on the windshield and 28 degrees as I headed to town for coffee and computer work.  When the sun came up, the temperature started rising.  About 40 when I drove home 9am.

Forecast was for high in the mid 60s, so I rested and kitted up for a bike ride.  The winds was starting to pick up and the temperature was a 62 sunny degrees when I got to the Wabash Trace Trailhead.  Was thinking of riding the Trace down South (with the wind) but I had not yet purchased my annual pass for the Trace.

Brought the hybrid for a pavement ride.  Wanted to check out the GoPro camera, but had a problem.  The mount was ending up aiming the camera side-wise.  Left a piece at hope that changes the orientation.

Rode over to the Indian Creek Bridge and back.  Had not been on the bike for almost 4 weeks, so the 9 mile ride was enough.  Winds was blowing 12-15 from the South, so enjoyed the ride with the wind back to the car.  At the car, there was a couple just loading their bikes.  I inquired on where they rode and the trail condition.  Seems that the trail surface is pretty solid except for mud in the tunnel.

Finally hit the 100 mile mark for the year.  Way too late start of the riding season!

While in town, ran some errands.  Late lunch at Freddie's. Sam's Club, Best Buy (verify I had parts needed for mounting my GoPro), and Xtreme Wheels.By the time I was driving home (had to stop in Treynir at Pickle Barrel for bags of popcorn) the thermometer in the car was ready 67! 

Weather forecast is for bike riding weather.  Lows in the 40s and highs up to 70s and near 80.  Sunday is Lake Manawa Clean-up Day.  See if I will attend that or ride my bike.  The walking the trails could be rough in my knee.

No comments: