Thursday, January 30, 2014

Festival of the Trails Discontinued

Today i received e-mail from CAMBA including word the Festival of the Trails has been discontinued.  During the 5 year run of the festival, it was generally held over National Trails weekend (first Saturday of June).  I was afraid changes to the festival as the group got involved in the Mt Borah Epic race. I thought the attendance was heavy enough to support the function.

The e-mail says that "fund raising potential never attained the goals to which we had aspired".  I hate to see this NON-RACE event is gone.  Enjoyed the 2 years where i could attend Festival of the Trails one weekend in Hayward, WI, play tourist in the area, and attend the Cuyuna Lakes Mountain Bike Festival the next weekend.

This year I will have to decide if I want to make a 2 weekend trip in June.  With Black Hills Fat Tire Festival moving to June's 3rd weekend, I could do a trip including Cuyuna and Black Hills.  Part of the decision is hinging on the BHFTF event schedule.  I stopped attending that festival because it had become too much race-centered.

No comments: