Thursday, January 30, 2014

Paseo del Bosque

First thing I needed to get done this morning, was fix the blown tire on the car.  Thanks to Affordable Tire & Service on Menaul in Albuquerque, in under 15 minutes, I was back out of their shop with a used tire.  Knowing that I was not from the area, he could have tried to sell me a bill of goods.  Instead, he noticed the other front tire is starting to cup and well worn, suggesting that I get things checked out when I get back home.

Back to the motel and napped a little until it was time to pick up the hybrid with its new tubes.  The bike shop (Fat Tire Cycles) had called me the day before that the bike was ready.  I was there before they opened.  Picked up a new helmet (part of the adjustment had broke) and and bike with plans for an afternoon bike ride.

Quick stop at Sports Authority while in the area - see what I could not do without.  Bought Nike cold weather tights with 25% off!

By the afternoon, the sky was mostly cloudy, the temperature was into the upper 60s and the wind kicking up.  Drove to Alameda trailhead of the Paseo del Bosque Recreational Trail.  Unloaded the hybrid and headed South (into the wind) on the trail.

My legs were not cooperating - still complaining about the talking during the trip yesterday.  Adding the head wind, I only rode a mile to Paseo del Norde and turned back to the trailhead.  On top of that, I was HUNGRY!  Stopped at Twisters, mexican and burgers.  Settled for a bacon-cheeseburger, curly fries, and soda.  Big portions and good burger.

Still tired from the Wednesday's activities, have been taking it easy and napping the rest of the day.  The photo above was taken on the Paseo del Bosque.

No comments: