Monday, January 4, 2016

Drive to El Paso

 Cousin Don made plans for a trip to El Paso for getting some dental work done over the border in Juaresz, Mexico. He invited me to ride with him and keep him company.

Had lunch in Las Cruses at Corner Bakery Cafe - and upscale Panera Bread.  Had a good bowl of chili, just enough to tide me over until we eat dinner later.

Don was interested in seeing the plaza at Old Mesilla.   Fortunately, 2 years ago, Sue & Merv took me there when I was in the area.  Directed Don to the plaza.  Looked around, took some photos, browsed a book store, and bought some butter pecan fudge.

After settling into the room and a quick nap, headed out for food.  On the internet, fond Brew's Sports Bar.  Good food, good brew.  Place was not too noisy.  I had the Philly Cheesesteak, fries, and a couple pints of bock beer.

No comments: