Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Preparations for Moving

Today was a day of errands and preparations for  my move later in the year.  I started with coffee and a bagel at the Panera Bread on Central.  The UPS store was a block away, so stopped there to rent a mailbox there.

Next was the laboratory to get my blood draw.

Now some shopping.  From checking the web sites, Wanted to check belts and hats at Cavenders. Ended up buying a dark brown hat there.  Next, it was Boot Barn.  Selected 2 more shirts.  They did not have the belt I wanted in my size. Instead of having them try to find the belt and one of the other 2 stores in the area, selected another design belt.

You  might notice there are no jeans in the photos of my western wear photos.  I already have several pairs of Levi 501 jeans.  I prefer them over the 'wrangler cowboy-fit jeans.

Last stop (all this done before noon) was opening a bank account at the Bank of Albuquerque.

All day, I was excited about the move.  While UNM Lobos are not a team I am have not followed; never been at a game; its part of the mental move.  New Mexico has a rich western history.  My interest in the history of New Mexico and and the cowboy (western) wear I have purchased is part changing my mind set.

No comments: