Monday, October 22, 2007

Cyclo-Cross Race


This was a busy weekend. After Bike Bash Friday evening, I took pictures of the cyclo-cross races Saturday and Sunday. Swanson Park is a great venue.

What a switch in the weather! Saturday was sunny and 80. Sunday was low 60s and cloudy.

Shooting a cyclo-cross race is great. The course is out in the open. Endless possibilities for vantage points. The sunny day Saturday also helped - specially for action shots. I caught some really awesome shots.

The photos from the Saturday race are on my web site. Watch for posting of the Bike Bash and Sunday race later today or tomorrow. Thanks to Omaha Velo for putting on a great event (and taking the picture of me ready to ship a few pics).

BTW - I was able to get out and ride a little at Manawa Saturday afternoon. A week without a ride, much less a dirt ride, was toooo much. At least 35 minutes was better than none.

3 comments:

NaugaBike said...

Lots of photos are up on my web site.

Saturday Races - http://www.tomwinfield.com/bike/mtn-bike/mtb_races/c_cross1_07.html

Sunday Races - http://www.tomwinfield.com/bike/mtn-bike/mtb_races/c_cross2_07.html

Enjoy,

Tom

POLOSCAB said...

Tom:

How did you like your first cross races? Were you surprised how fast all the classes were? My plans got changed and I missed both days.
I do plan to race in lincoln. The winter is not the same without a cross race under my belt.

Dan

VeloCC said...

Tom, I am always happy to see you and you pictures are highly appreciated:)