Sunday, October 7, 2007

Dirt!

The morning was overcast and threatening rain. I was planning to attend a ham fest. By the time I was heading home, the sun was shining bright and the temperature was raising. Zach (Xtreme Wheels) said that people are riding the Manawa mountain bike trail. I hightailed home to get change and get my bike.

AH--- DIRT!

The trail is in pretty good shape. Just a couple (the usual) soft spots and muddy areas. Rode for just over an hour. Could tell that I had not ridden much the last week - the hour was enough. But, the ride did get ride of my headache from the noise of the flea market.

2 comments:

BigWheelRider said...

What time were you there Tom?

The gang from the Bike Rack was there from 12 to 3...I'm sure some stayed longer than the wife & I.

Let me close this with the Gary Fisher Hi Fi 29er is best full suspension 29er from Fisher to date!!! It handled nearly as quick as my baby wheel'd Hi Fi...but the big wheels were the icing on the cake when it came to the rocks-n-logs of Manawa.

Get with BLUEIF and get yours on order right away...you won't be sorry!

NaugaBike said...

I was there about from 2-3. There were a couple other riders. One family (rode away on the pavement after the dirt trail), one couple I visited briefly at the trail end on Wood Chopper. Sure got hot by 3.

OK, I will have to ride the Hi Fi 29er. But I just have not found ANY 29er that I like the acceleration of a 26" wheel. Takes some to get my weight moving (LOL).