Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lake Manawa Trail


The sun today was deceiving. The temperature was in the mid 40s when I rode, but the breeze from the south was chilly.

With that, and did not want to ride into the wind to end my ride, I took a pretty short ride today. Only rode 5.6 miles.

Decided to check out the trail condition from the nature trail toward the Wabash Trace. A part of the trail was plowed - where train crews access the locomotives. After a mile of riding, the trail ends into a big snowbank. Its going to need some mechanical help if the trail is to be cleared sometime this month.

From there, I rode West to Indian Creek. When I got back to the car, it was enough for today. Between trying to get my legs back and therapies (radiation and chemo today), time to stop at the bike shop, then call it a day.

No comments: