Saturday, October 16, 2010

Another Year Older


Yesterday I celebrated my birthday. Awesome weather for the middle of October.

Started the day with my daily chat. Then into town for coffee and computer stuff. Had my free birthday cinnamon roll at Panera Bread. John (KB0QKH) stopped by pre-work coffee. I did some updating on my web site.

Back home, nap, and preparations for a bike ride. When I headed to the Wabash Trace trail head, it was sunny, light breeze, and in the upper 60s. Didn't need my jacket. Rode the Gary Fisher Rail Super T road bike.

First stop was the Western Historic Trails Center. Stopped to sign the guest book, visit, and some liquids. On up the Iowa Riverfront Trail to the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge (Bob Bridge) and over to Omaha. Took a few photos at Heartland of America Park. More liquids and a shot block and back over to the iowa side of the Missouri.

On the Bob Bridge I stopped and ask someone to take my picture on the bridge. From there, it was on to Big Lake Park. Where it was a break off the bike, liquids and granola bar.

Still had miles to pedal. Next destination was Xtreme Wheels. Visited with Zach, Blaine, and customers for a little. Zach had bought decorated cupcakes for my birthday cake. No small feat as he carried them to work of his bicycle (no basket or rack!). Thanks, Zach.


I was thinking of extending the ride on the way back - taking Indain Creek Trail back to Manawa. But, the wind had been picking up from the South (hear wind) and my legs were getting a little tired. Decided to just ride on (the normal-short) route back to the trail head.

Good ride. Just over 25 miles, out for over 3 hours. When I logged the ride, found that I have done 111 miles for the week. A successful week.

Had a big salad for my post-ride meal. My mom called me for my birthday. I crashed into bed.

This morning, my legs are a little sore. Plans are of ham radio breakfast. Photo shoot - Lewis & Clark Landing and Heartland of America Park. Time to shoot some HDR photos there. Now, do I drive and walk to the shoot or ride the hybrid over the Bob Bridge?

No comments: