Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Paseo de la Mesa


Today I headed back to the West side of Albuquerque to ride. The Paseo de la Mesa Recreational Trail looked like (by the map) just the ride I wanted.

WRONG!

Right out of the parking lot, it was CLIMB. And no let-up for almost 2 miles. With the altitude and my general condition, I had to walk up sections of the trail. It was about 1 3/4 miles up to the West. When the trail turned North, the trail turned into a big rollercoaster.

I was not even ready to ride the rollers, don't think the legs would handle them. At 2 miles, I turned around (at the point in today's photo).

Felt good to coast down the hill. Even used brakes to hold my speed down. BTW, Google Earth shows the the climbing was about 300 ft elevation gain in the 1.75 miles (average 3.25% slope).

No comments: