Sunday, September 20, 2015

Reunion Meet-Greet

Thursday afternoon, i got into Kenosha. WI area.  Settled into my hotel.  Met my mom and an aunt for breakfast Friday morning.  After breakfast, mom drove us over to Petrifying Springs County Park.

Much of the land of the park was originally owned my my ancestors.  A mural is being painted on the side of a barn in the park.  The mural includes my grandmother and her brother with scenes of the park.  For some 25 years, my grandmother worked summer in a concession stand in the park.

After a nap, it was time to change clothes for the meet and greet for my high school 50 reunion.  The function was held at the Brat Stop.  In the day, the Brat Stop was an 18yo beer bar and cheese/brat store.  Great time visiting with my old classmates.

No comments: