Monday, September 7, 2015

Root River Trail

Not in a big hurry this morning.  Waffle and coffee at the motel.  Weather was threatening light rain/drizzle.  Forecast was a clearing, to headed out for Lanesboro, MN and the Root River Trail.  the trail is on an old railroad right-of-way.

This  town, about 50 miles SW of La Crosse, was a hub of bicycle activities,  The trail is paved with asphalt, a welcome break from the crushed stone I had been riding in the area.  As you can see in today's photo, even the bridge decking is paved.

Rode a little over 2 1/2 miles.  Facing a hill I would need to descend (and climb back!) I turned back to town.  Also, I knew i had a little climb as the trail comes into town, my legs were almost toast from the rides on the trip.  I have been riding every-other day.  Had a burger and fries at the little diner in Lanesboro.

Back to La Crosse, rested and soon time for dinner.  It was my day for a bacon cheeseburger and craft beer.  Headed downtown to The Old Crow.  Had the local Pearl Street Brewery "Oktoberfest" beer.  Was a nice compliment to the burger.  Stuffed, did not any ice cream to top off the night.

No comments: