Sunday, June 14, 2009

On the Road Again



I am on the road again. This morning I headed out for my Army Reunion. Was not excited about the drive until I hit Colorado. Stopped at the first tourist information/rest area and loaded up on reading material. Then, I could not wait to get to Dillon (tonight's billet).

It was some "weather" driving today. General mostly cloudy until I hit Denver. Deluge in Denver Cars stopped under bridges), tornado warning, and hail. Then snow as I exited the Tunnel (Loveland Pass). Pleasant evening in Dillon. Did not ride this evening - maybe in the morning. But so far, I am not short of breath at the 9000+ ft altitude here. If I can keep feeling that way, bodes well for Durango.

Tomorrow to Durango - for 4 nights/3 days.

The photo here is the Blue River in Dillon, CO.

No comments: