Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pavement Ride


Friday it was a pavement ride. Besides, I was not ready to encounter another diamond back!

Paulette wwife of one of my Army friends) rented a bike so we could ride. We headed out from the hotel, rode a 1.5 miles on the streets to the bike path. There, we rode down from McCormick Rd to Hwy 202 (almost to Tempe). By the time we returned to the hotel, we logged over 20 miles. Was a relaxing ride with a friend.

Didn't do much the rest of the day. Rested, started re-packing, and napped. OH, I almost forgot. When I checked the bike in the room in the morning, I had 1 flat tire and 1 very soft tire. Pumping up the tires held for the ride. About noon, I checked the tires and found they were getting soft again. So headed to a local bike shop. Bought a couple tubes, and changed the tires. I do not like the rims on my Fuel EX7. A real pain to change a flat. Think it was a thorn in the rear tire. Never did see anything with the front tire. Both are holding so far.

No comments: