Thursday, September 17, 2009

Another Road Ride


Yesterday I took the hybrid out for a road ride from Xtreme Wheels to US 34. That was a 32 mile ride.

Non-stop ride on the way South. When I hit the 1 hour mark I had 15.4 miles! In sections of L31 on the flats, I was mostly riding at about 17 mph. Granted, what there wind was was from my back.

Now, I was not pushing it because I knew I would have to ride into the wind on the way back. Also, I needed to reserve some energy for the ride on US 275.

On the way back, I stopped at West Oak Forest (Photo) for a break. At the junction of L31 and Hwy 370, I grabbed a shot-blok for the ride on 257.

At 2 hours, I was at 29.85 miles. Just under 15 mph. As I got to Wabash Trace Trailhead Park, I slowed down for a cool down. Ended the ride pace as 14.62 mph. That was the fastest pace for me. And I think pretty good for 32 miles!

No comments: