Saturday, April 9, 2011

Checking out The Trace


After breakfast, it was time to get ready for a bike ride. Gonna be a windy, hot day. Forecast is for winds of 20-30 from the South. Sounds like a ride on the Wabash Trace.

The temperature was rising quickly, so headed to Silver City to ride. Started South down the Trace. Goal was to ride to Malvern or further.

As I pedaled, I could sense that I was not going to make it to Malvern. The trail surface was a bit soft, raising my heart rate and tiring my legs. The new destination was the Silver Creek Bridge. Today's photo was taken of/on the bridge.

I was wearing my hydration pack. Glad I had that as the as the hear and humidity was getting to me. There was NO air moving on the bridge.

After stopping for a few photos and drinking some of my G2, figured that I might as well pedal a little further. When I got to 305th St, I decided that was enough and headed back to Silver City.

The ride back was a little better with the tail wind. But, still taxing. Arrived back to the car exhausted, Car thermometer reads 85 deg. Guzzled the other bottle of G2 on the way home.

No comments: