Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Festival of the Trails


Today marks 10 days in the hospital for a normally out-patient procedure. Trying to think about more enjoyable activities. I started thinking about Festival of the Trails in Hayward, Wisconsin - three days of dirt!

Last year was the first time I attended the festival and the first time riding CAMBA trails. This year is the third annual Festival of the Trails.

For the last 4 years, I have been attending the Black Hills Fat Tire Festival in Rapid City, SD. Attended all 4 years of its existence. This year I will be breaking that streak. Last year I attended both festivals. A full explanation of why I will not attend BHFTF will wait for another day.

Festival of the Trails celebrates the great trails in NW Wisconsin. There are clusters of trails, all at or slightly above my riding ability. Altitude of Hayward and the area is about the same as my house. Just the type of trails I like.

There are no races. But there are lots of opportunities for riding CAMBA trails. There's the welcoming social, a film fest, and BBQ. Saturday riders stop for trail-side food served up by local eating establishments. There will be the celebration of the dedication of a CAMBA trail as an Epic trail. A evening ride under the lights. Hone riding skills and learn trail-side repairs during Technique de Trails.

Can't think a better way to celebrate National Trails Day. Join me in Northwoods of Wisconsin June 3-5, 2011 for Festival of the Trails. Hope to see you there!

No comments: