Friday, May 27, 2011

Missouri Rising


Yesterday, as I took my bike ride, I dropped off the Lake Manawa bicycle trail to check the water level at the mountain bike trails. From water near the trail, I could see that the river was higher. Sure enough, it is. (See photo).

On the news, I heard that the Corp of Engineers will have to release more water from flood control dams because of the fast snow melt in Montana. This is the 3rd year in a row that the singletrack at Manawa has been flooded.

An article in the Omaha World-Herald confirmed what I heard. Basically, we can expect that the river level will continue to rise in the Council Bluffs/Omaha area.

After that disappointing scene at the river, I headed on over to the Western Historic Trails Center. They were having their Thursday "Jam and Bread" so just stopped in to sign the guest register and using the bathroom.

On over to Xtreme Wheels. Visiting a bit and talked about printing note cards. Watch for news about sale of note cards with scenes of the Wabash Trace.

After my ride, it was time to start up the lawn mower and begin harvesting the hay crop that is my lawn. Had to stop to refill gas - and the mower now will not start. Have to find out the problem.

No comments: