Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Recovery Ride


Yesterday, it was about all I could do was get out of bed in the morning. Just exhausted from the ride on the Trace Sunday. But, weather was sooo nice, had to stretch my legs with a pavement ride.

It was about 11:30 when I parked the car at the Wabash Trace Trailhead. Noticed Dennis' truck parked there. Unloaded the road bike from the car and geared up for my ride.

Light breeze, think it from the West or NW. Temperature was in the mid 70s with bright sunshine. Great riding weather.

Stopped down by the riverside boat ramp area (mountain bike trails). As I expected, the Missouri River is higher - more flooding between the levee and the river. Today's photo was taken at the entrance to the West mountain bike trail.

On over the the Western Historic Trails Center. Visited a little with Dewey. Rode on over to I-80 for a little more mileage. Then over to Xtreme Wheels. Rested a little there. Zack was busy selling bikes so did not much time to visit with him.

On down to the car. Chewed a Shot Block to get ready for the climb over the tracks. Turned out to be a good recovery ride - just short of 20 miles at about 10.5 mph.

No comments: