Thursday, October 6, 2011

Crow Wing State Park


After my morning ride yesterday, I was a bit hungry. A change of clothes and headed to Coach's for a late lunch. Took the opportunity to process the photos from the bike ride. Now, what to do the rest of the day?

Decided to drive over to Crow Wing State Park. Crow Wing was a fur trading post at the junction of Crow Wing River and Mississippi River. The park is a couple miles South of Brainard on Hwy 371.

Today's photo was taken at the lookout point at the boat ramp. This is the Mississippi River looking upstream.

Drove over the another recommended section of the park. Walked part of the interpretive trail. Took the opportunity to use me new super wide angle lens.

By the time I got to my motel - County Inn Deerwood - I was ready to call it a day. A quick plug - if you come to Cuyuna Country Ride Center, I recommend the Country Inn Deerwood. The owner is one uf us mountain bikers!

More dirt riding at Cuyuna today.

No comments: