Monday, June 19, 2017

199th LIB Reunion

Short drive Monday from S. Lake Tahoe to Reno.  Checked into the hotel, thankfully may room was available even though it was wat before check-in time.  Went to the 199th hospitality room and picked up my registration packet.

This was the first problem I had with my registration.  My name was spelled correctly on the registration envelop,but both the last name a location was wrong.  Got that corrected.

Settling into my room.  I could not log onto the hotel wi-fi,  Kept giving me an error message.  Had problems understanding the IT person (eventually asked for a person without the heavy accent). As it turned out, someone had spelled my name wrong! Guess they do not check my ID and credit card at check-in.  On top it all, when I turn on my TV, they have my name wrong.  URGH,

Back to the hospitality room for the memorial and opening session...The session was supposed to last 45 minutes, but the Chaplain was too long-winded.  Besides, I did not understand what he we trying to preach about as it did not make sense for me.  Ended up with pizza party hosted by the reunion. 

No comments: