Thursday, June 15, 2017

Pipe Spring National Monument

Hungry, I ordered sausage and eggs for breakfast (I was at the lodge just after they opened at 6:30).  Food was good (portions are too big), service not so good.  Took me over a hour.  Thankfully, I was not in any big hurry.

At breakfast this morning in Jacob Lake, I noticed that I would driving past the Pipe Spring National Monument.  A visit to this monument will give you understanding of the life of earlier inhabitants.  There were Ancestral Puebloan  people, Kaibab Paiutes, Missionaries, Explorers, and Mormon Pioneers.

Thankfully, my St. George room was available early.  Unfortunately, it is in the 2nd floor (thought  I requested first floor).  Most places I  stay at automatically put 69 year old guests on the first floor and near the services.

Worked on my web site and block.  Headed out for some ice cream (the thermometer in the car said it was 107!)  Tomorrow is scheduled as a day of driving - to Tonapah, NV.  Think I and going to get comfy wearing basketball shorts for the drive.

No comments: