Saturday, June 17, 2017

Mono Lake

Had a full breakfast (eggs, sausage, hash browns, toast & coffee between trips to the car reloading from the room.  Was going to have a dinner last night, but just too tired from the boring drive.

The drive today wasn't much better until I get closer to the mountains and Mono Lake.  Checked out the view at the first view area along Rt 120.  Not to see there.

A little further down Rt 120, I found the South Tufa area of the lake.  Was ready to pay the $3 fee, when they asked if I had any of several card (like my National Park Seniors Pass).  Was a bit of a hike to view the formations.I grabbed my walking stick and headed down toward the lake.  Exhausted by the time I was back to the car.  Glad I also was wearing my knee braces.

Room was not ready, yet.  Treated myself on to a ice cream (soft-serve) cone.  Also drove a little further North from the village of Lee Vining to see if there were any other formations I could see and photograph.  Thought of driving over Tioga to Tuolumne Meadows in Yosemite, but the pass was closed because of the high snow pack received this year..

Got to my room.  It's the last down the end of the hotel, closet to the cafe.  That worked well for me.  Settled into the room and walked pver to the cafe.  Had a bottle of local brew, Black Forest ham sandwich with Caesar Salad.

No comments: