Monday, June 19, 2017

Bodie State Park

Just a few mile from Lee Vining was the road to Bodie, CA.  The ghost town of Bodie.  The dry climate has helped the preservation of the structure in this town.  The state has turned in into a state historic park.

It was very interesting to see this old town in the mountains of California.  Walked part way in town, until my legs were telling me to turn back because I still have to walk back to the parking lot.  Did take s rest and visited for a California local before the return walk.

Drove the mountain roads to South Lake Tahoe.  Too early to find and check into my room.  drove the roads around the lake.  Took at some photos on the California side of the lake.  Back in S. Lake Tahoe, it was time to find my room and settle in for the night.  By the time I got into my room, I was too tired to think about finding food.   Processed the day's photos and crashed into bed.

On to Reno and my Army Reunion...

No comments: