Sunday, February 1, 2015

Up To The Mountain

Saturday was the day to move my activity up the San Jacinto Mountains to Idyllwild-Pine Cove.  Woke up in the middle of the night Friday night.  Took the opportunity to finish photos from Joshua Tree National Park.  Wrote the blog posting.  That was enough activity that i was able to go back to sleep.

Woke up again about 7 am, showered and dressed for the day.  Had some coffee and started packing the room. Checked out of the room. My Palm Springs friend dropped by and we went out for breakfast. 

The valley between Palm Springs and Banning is covered with wind turbines!  Great to see so much power being generated with the source.

Thanks to directions, I was able to find my way up the mountain to Pine Cove and a friends has a house and guest cabin. So many folks in a big hurry driving up the mountain - some even tail-gating.  When I could, used a turnout to let cars pass me - I was not in any hurry.  Stopped to take a couple photos climbing the mountain. It was overcast and trying to spit rain when i got the my destination.  Settled into my cabin.  My friend's sister and brother-in-law stopped by.  Then it was time for a nap before supper.

The Sylvan House and Sylvan Cottage are both available for rent. 

For supper we decided on pizza and beer - two of the main food groups.  Had great pizza at the Idyllwild Pizza Company washing them down with a pint of beer and water.  Short visit back at the main house.  Then I walked over to the cabin and crashed into bed.

No comments: