Tuesday, May 27, 2008

BHFTF Wrap-up

The 2008 edition of the Black Hills Fat Tire Festival is history. I rode on the Mickelson, completed a singletrack ride, and survived the Beer-Muda Triangle.

Sunday afternoon, we made it back from the ride just in time for the raffle and hot food available. Here's a photo of me with some of my swag.

Sunday was completed with the BHFTF Film Fest. Good films, good food, good beer, and great people.

I was thinking of riding Monday morning - the same trail from Sunday. When I stuck my head out of the hotel room door, it was cold, drizzling, and breezing. Besides, my legs were a little sore. So, I decided to pack up the car and head to home. Stopped at Founder's Park and left a DVD of my photos.

Will I be back next year? Most likely. The group (locals, staff, and participants) are great. Everyone seemed to rolled with the punches. Schedules were altered to facilitate racing, tours, and BBQ.

We had some pretty nasty weather for riding, but we survived, even had fun. Something about mountain bikers - we feed on each other's enthusiasm. When you are down, feeling bad about your riding, somebody seems to sense it and says something that gives you that little emotional lift.

It was great to see my friends from last year. Also great to meet so many new friends. Safe riding - see you down the trail.

Oh yeh, my photos and report of BHFTF are posted on my web site: http://www.tomwinfield.com/bike/mtn-bike/mtb_festivals/BHFTF08.html

No comments: