Saturday, May 17, 2008

Bike to Work Day

Yesterday was Bike to Work Day. I rode to show some support. There were several of us retirees. Of course, it was also an excuse to ride our bikes.

I think the attendance has improved each of the 3 years I have attended. Some of us assembled at Valley View Park (per the flier). We were sent over the Tazza di Caffe' for registration and refreshments (where the rest of the group was assembling). Cookies provided by Cellar 19.

Then it was over to Bayliss Park. Council Bluffs Mayor Tom Hanafan welcomed the riders and read a proclamation - designating the day as Bike to Week Day in Council Bluffs. The City also had refreshments in the park for the riders.

After the festivities, Blaine rode with me back over the the shop, where my car was parked. Blaine was able to witness the extra noise in my bike's drive train. Reworked the crank bearings.

No comments: