Wednesday, August 25, 2010

1000 Miles and Counting


Beautiful morning today. Sunny, cooler, dry, light breeze - bike riding weather! Even wore a jacket heading to the bike shop.

Headed out on the road bike about 10:30. Took it easy the first couple miles. Along Mosquito Creek I opened up and got the speed up. In Lake Manawa SP, I turn over to the mountain bike trails to check out the water levels. The Missouri River is down over 2 feet in the last 2 weeks. Unfortunately, the dirt trails are still under water (though the water is slowly dropping).

On to the Western Historic Trails Center. The paved trail behind the Center is still underwater. More trees are now over trail (beavers?). Stopped for water, G2, and granola.

Feeling good during the ride. Pushing the speed, hammering the ride (for me, anyway). Was thinking of continuing around CB, but changed my mind and decided to continue the ride returning to the bike shop. Instead of miles, I concentrated on speed (do miles tomorrow).

Back at the shop, I figured out that my 20+ miles in 1:31 was close to 13.5 mph. When I got home and logged the ride, I calculated my ride at 13.58 mph. The fastest ride for the year. And, during the ride I rolled over 1000 miles for the year.

No comments: