Monday, August 30, 2010

Another Ride on The Trace


This morning, I headed early to Panera Bread to upload race photos. I had nothing but problems getting them loaded - kept getting "Publishing Error". So, I spent the time loading photos from my Army Reunion.

On to the Dentist to take care of a cavity. Weather forecast is for storms the next couple days. I needed to get in another ride before the rain, so high-tailed it home. Things were going very good -- from the dentist to home I hit VERY light green! Changed clothes into a riding kit and then to the bike shop.

Windy, sunny, getting hot day, so brought the hardtail for a ride up The Trace. Was thinking of riding to Mineola and back. But by the time I got to Margaritaville, and stopped for re-hydration and snacks, I was very thirsty. Ended drinking most of my water and the bottle of G2.

I stopped a couple times up and down the hill to take some photos. Had the good camera with me, so shot HDR bracketed exposures.

Did not relish the thought of riding down to Mineola and back to the bike shop in lease than a half bottle of water. Not happy about relying on replenishing water in Mineola. I rode a little past Margaritaville to 240th St. Then back to the bike shop.

Ended up with over 16 miles in 1:34.

No comments: