Monday, October 13, 2014

Arrived at the Reunion

With only about 50 miles to drive today, I soent some time touring the Portsmouth, NH area.  Drove coastal 1B.  Had driven that routh yesterday, but too much traffic.   Was great to not have someone right on my tail.

The upper photo here is of the Portsmouth VFW post.  I spent a lot of time at the post.  While living there, I climbed up to Sr. Vice Commander of the post. the same year. I was Seam Squirrel of the MOC Pup tent.  Traveled all around of the state of New Hampshire as State Public Relationship Officer.  Lots on memories.

Time to head North.  Stopped at the Maine Visitors Center.  Picked up a state map and some local information.  Wanted directions to Nubble Light - York ME.  Was able to find it.  Lots of folks at this location climbing the rocks and photograph the lighthouse.  Lower photo is of Nubble Light, York, ME

Arrived at the Portland hotel about 2pm.  Checked into the room.  My room is on the 4th floor, middle of the hall.  At least, had I been in the end of the hall, it could have shortened my walk to the car (elevators on both ends of the building).  As it is, have to trek through the lobby, up the elevator, and half way down the hall to my room.  At least the room is big enough that ! am not cramped with 2 bicycles in the room.

Sam, our host, was walking into the hotel.  Stopped to great him.  Another of our group and his wife were checking in at the hotel.  Met them and took my leave (I had one of my bikes with me to bring it up the elevator).  Finished moving into the room and checked in at the hospitality room and pick up my name badge. greeted Maggie and Joe (NY - don remember the name), The Longs were there.  Visited with Linda and Clark.

They and I were both looking for some food.  Menu at the hotel restaurant looks pretty good.  The hotel was offering a 15% discount at the restaurant.  It was a deal!  Went to pay my bill.  Linda told me it was their treat - for my birthday and thanks for what I do for the reunion.  I had no mentioned my birthday to the reunion host, but Facebook spilled the beans about my birthday this week.

Called it a early night.  Processed photos from the day and napped.  Had to go back down ot the car for my pill caddy.   Time to get some sleep.  Continental breakfast in the hospitality room starting 7:30.

No comments: