Thursday, October 9, 2014

Rest and an Afternoon at the Falls

Felt good to get off my legs last night.  Still did not get in a full 8 hours of sleep.  Difficult to change my sleep schedule.  Anyway, got up and wrote blog posting for yesterday and them off to breakfast,  Timed breakfast right - only a couple others in the room.

Stuck my head out of the doorm was a little chilly to ride.  Waiting for some heat, the winds picked up a bit.  Gusting tp 20mph (at least better than yesterday's 30-40mph)!  I was not feeling up to a bike ride, anyway.  Likely because I got myself dehydrated.

Spent most of the morning and early afternoon laying in bed or starting creating the web site pages for this trip.  Decided it would be a good day to walk the couple blocks from my hotel to the Falls.  Spent several hours walking along the path and photographing the Falls.

Had a crazy thought while I watched Maid of the Mist boats running from either side of the river up to the bottom of the Horseshoe Falls.  The folks riding a boat from the Canadian side were all decked out in red slickers,  On the American side, the were wearing blue slickers.  Do you think that this is so if someone goes overboard, they know which country he/she belongs to?

Temperature was that crazy range.  If the sun was shining had to open my jacket and sweating a bit.  When the sun was under a cloud, I was chilly and needing to zip up the jacket.  When I had had enough, I was across the Edgewater's Tap & Grill.  It was getting close to dinner time and i needed to get off my feet.

Checking the menu, I noticed the restaurant is run/owned by Niagara Parks.  While the prices were a little higher than Coco's patronizing the establishment would mean I was supporting the parks.  Besides it was there (on my way to the hotel) or Coco's (next to my hotel).  I did not have the energy or legs to go further.

Settle in on the patio.  They had Barking Squirrel lager, but I was looking to try something else.  The menu suggests Oast's Barn Raiser Country Ale (by Niagara Oast House Brewers).  It is a beer from oats.  Color was a little lighter then the Barking Squirrel.  While it is palatable, I still prefer the Barking Squirrel.  Used the beer to wash down a burger and fries,

Ate too much.  It was rough "waddling" up the hill to my hotel.  Had to stop to rest, even sit down once, before I got back.  Got horizontal stretching my tired legs for a while.  Got up to process my photos.  Back to bed for a nap. 

Now that I have written this blog posting, it's about time to sleep.  Upper photo was taken with my circular fisheye lens - showing Rainbow Bridge, American Falls, and Horseshoe Falls.  The lower photo was my view while having my food and beer.

No comments: