Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Canyonlands & Arches - Take 2


When I got up (late again)yeserday, I was not sure what I was going to do. Knew that I did have to repack the car. Also wanted to clean up any other things I want to do/see. I decided to trek South to check out the Needles District of Canyonlands.

Stopped for a couple photos on the way to the park. Wilson Arch is along Rt 191. Enjoyed the scenery driving highway 211 to entrance. I was disappointed with the Needles district compared to Island in the Sky district. Only a couple view overlooks along the park drive. Stopped along the road to look at "Newspaper Rock".

I thought that during my last visit to the area, I had skipped Needles. After all, it was a long off the main highway. Now, I am not sure. Newspaper rock and the end of the park road seemed familiar.

Back in Moab, I was hungry. Stopped at Wendy's (hated to eat at a chain but was not looking for a sit-down meal. On up to Arches to see some places which were took crowded (it was Sunday). Took photos at the Windows Area and Park Avenue.

The one thing I did not get accomplished was riding Mill Creek Pathway

Today's photo was taken at the end of the Needles Scenic Drive. Now, packing up the room. Next stop is Torrey, UT.

No comments: