Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Moab to Torrey


Breakfast at the Moab Diner. Wanted pancakes and sausage. The diner only has the breakfast which includes eggs. I said I did not want the eggs. I was asked what kind of pancakes - opted to try the buckwheat cakes. While easting, there was a strange tast in some parts of the pancakes. A member of the staff said it was bananas - the special of buckwheat banana cakes. That's not what I ordered. He offered a new pancake(s). No, I had enough. On the bill, I paid the full price - nothing fpr no eggs or screwing up my order.

Loaded the last things in the car and racked the bikes. Waited for the motel office opening. Had to discuss rate - availability check said $69 for senior but was being changed full rate of $79. Got that settled (got the discounted rate - thanks because had the e-mails,

Things are not started very well today. Good to be on the road. Boring drive up to I-70, and down Utah 24. Took the time to make a side trip to check out Goblin Valley State Park. This park is out in the middle of nowhere! Interesting rock formations (the "goblins).

When Rt 24 turned West at Hanksville, the scenery got better. Stopped in at the Capitol Reef Visitor Center. the Ranger described the scenic road in the park. I think the visitor center and scenic drive were new since I was there some 15+ years ago.

The drive was worth it. The main scenic drive is paved. There are 2 side roads (gravel) that take you down a canyon. Great scenery!. Today's photo was taken on the Scenic Drive.

Checked into the motel - Rim Rock Inn. It was a couple miles to the town of Torrey so headed into town. Stopped at the town Visitors Information office. talked a bit with the gal un the office. She suggested the Red Cliff for food. The prices in the menu at the place i was staying was just a bit too expensice - $15 for a 1/2 pounder burger.

No comments: