Monday, October 22, 2012

Valley of Fire


Packed up the car. Breakfast, and hit the road for Las Vegas. Don't remember the deep canyon when I drove the corner of Arizona some 20 years ago. First stop was the Information Center once I entered Nevada.

Off the interstate to see Vally of Fire State Park. Lots of red rock! Similar to Kodachrome Basin, but much larger area. Today's photo was taken at Valley Of Fire State Park.

Instead of dropping over to I-15, I took the scenic route through Lake Meade Recreation Area. The only problem was finding my way into Las Vegas from the recreation area.

Very windy today. Warm (80) and windy. Front coming through this evening. Coolerr for the week, but still highs in the lot/mid 70s.

I got my bearings and made it over to Las Vegas Blvd and the Riviera. Some of the other of our group were checking in as the same time. Once i had the camera, laptop and bicycles in the room, i took it east. Alternated trips from the car and stopping at the Hospitality Room.

Some of the folks were eating at the steak/seafood restaurant in the hotel. Just too much food for me. I found the food court and had a good cheese-steak sandwich and onion rings.

After an visit in the hospitality room I went to the room. Watch debate coverage on CNN (the hotel TV carries Fox News but not MSNBC. Gonna have to complain about that! Processed my photos from today. Now bed time

No comments: