Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Petrified Forest & Painted Desert


Seems like I didn't do much yesterday but was very tired last night. After breakfast in the motel, I made a detour to tour the Petrified Forest and Painted Desert National Parks.

I should have walked more to get photos. Forgot that most of the petrified trees were near the South end of the park (in the 2 view area). But with the way my knee had been feeling over the last week, I did not want to push it. Got a few good photos. The photo here was taken near the Museum.

Some of the best section of Petrified Forest for landscape photography was Blue Mesa.

Interstate 4O runs through the park - just about where US-66 was. The old Route 66 is marked - check out the old car there. There is NO access to I-40 at this point. Its another 6 miles up the park road.

Painted Desert section of the park offers some awesome views of the landscape. Painted Desert Inn was along the road. By the time I got to the Painted Desert Visitor's Center, I was getting hungry. Stopped there for restroom, food and shopping.

Uneventful drive on into Albuquerque. Just tired and glad to be into the motel.

No comments: